General Library consists of two sections: Reference library and Lending Library.
Books which are rare and out of print intended for reference and consultation within the library and reading room are stocked in the Reference Library. Reference books may be obtained from the library on all working days.
Lending library: Books will be issued to students and staff members from the lending section on all workings day. The number of books entitled to borrow is as follows:
Teaching staff : 10 books
Non-teaching staff : 3 books
Students(UG) : 2 books
Total no. of books in the library: 4378 (as on March 2016)
Other services: the following dailies and periodicals are available in the library:
Dailies: The Hindu, Mathrubhumi, Malayala Maorama, Madhyamam, Chandrika
Periodicals: Mathrubhumi, Madhyamam, Thozhil vartha, Thozhil veedhi, Risala
- Identity card issued from the college should be produced on demand.
- Personal belongings like books, bags, files, etc. should be kept at the place assigned for the purpose at the entrance of the library.
- Strict silence should be observed in the library and reading room.
- Students can borrow as many books as they are entitled to borrow on the production of identity card.
- Books will be issued form 10 AM to 4.15 PM on all working days.
- The borrower will be responsible for any defect detected when the book is returned and he/she will be required to replace the defective book with a new one or pay such compensation as per the government rules in force.
- The loan period is 14 days. If the due date happens to be a holiday the next working day will be considered as due date. The librarian reserves the right to call back any book at time from the borrower, even if the loan period has not expired.
- The book will be reissued if no other demand exists for the same.
- If the book borrowed from library is not returned on or before the due date a fine Rs. 1(Rupee One) will be levied per day on each book. Books will be issued only after clearing the dues if any.
- If a book is lost it must be replaced with a new one or paid such compensation as per government rules.
- Periodicals, question papers,etc. are provided for reference within the library only.
- All documents borrowed from the library should be returned on or before the date fixed by the principal for annual stock verification.
- Use of mobile phone within the library is strictly prohibited.