The college has evolved a mission of teaching and guidance programmes that organise its students to become competent and committed to take up lead roles for the coming generations. Its mission is guided by the following principles:
- Equal opportunities for all irrespective of region, caste, class, gender, religion, and disability.
- Creation of an enabling environment that fosters teamwork, cooperation, and mutual support.
- To train students to approach sources of knowledge with a spirit of rationality and questioning, rather than with the limited aims of memorising and rote learning.
- To bring the best in the academic and intellectual world to the youth especially those from coastal area.
- To enhance the human values of empathy and concern and provide them with the academic training to become innovators that can address the unique challenges of rural development.
- To nourish the spirit of scientific enquiry and rational disposition in their minds.